Sunday, December 2, 2012

Week 12

Since Thanksgiving week was a short week we skipped the blog. This week we worked on our cube project. After cutting my 6 slabs in a 3inx3in square, I covered them in plastic in order for them to become leather hard for the next class. I then proceeded to make each side at a 45 degree angle so when you put two slabs together it made a sharp corner. I also included a coil on every side to give it extra strength. Once the cube was made I cut it in the middle with a squiggly line, for the box to open. Then on the top I sculpted a bird; A dove. Next class I was going to cover it in words related to flight. We also got our mugs back. After a third firing for the high fire glaze, it came out shiny. I used red fire brick with frosted turquoise on top to give it a crackled appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment